Search This Blog

Sunday, January 1, 2012

The Year in Pictures

January First.  Beginning of a New Year. 

And you know what?  I GOT this.  I am all over it. 

2011 was crazy and scary and amazing.  I worked my ass off, and I feel like I am finally moving in the right direction.  Yay!

I took the last few days off to work on some personal projects that I just haven't had time for with everything else going on.  I spent hours this past week going through all the photos I have taken this year, editing and cropping, and just loving reliving all those moments.  Now, I am my mother's daughter, so I pretty much always have a camera glued to my hand.  And I'm a sucker for sunsets and oceans and clouds.   But I'll try not to get tooo carried away.....


January:  I sent in my portfolio for my graduate school application.



Then Mark and I moved to Richmond.  This is the first day of setting up the new studio! 




February: Buster came into our lives and we all enjoyed exploring Richmond together.



March : I revamped the look of my jewelry business, CopperTide.



April: Worked on tool designs and Micro Raising Workshop development with NC Black Co.



May: Chuck and I taught our first Micro Raising Workshop
at Sawtooth School for Visual Art in Winston-Salem, NC.



Then I went to the SNAG conference in Seattle and worked the 
NC Black vendor booth with Andrea and Les.



June:  I launched my new Reef Jewelry line.



July : Traveled to Colorado with NC Black to do a vendor booth at the CoMA Conference.




August : My first outdoor "craft show," the Watermelon Festival in Carytown.



Then took a little time off for the beach, and got to see a hurricane pass by the SC coast.  Amazing.




September : Mark and I launched our new business, CopperDog Studio.


October: Taught my first enameling workshop at the Visual Arts Center of Richmond.



November : Started teaching an evening course at The Visual Arts Center, then got some more beach time for Thanksgiving.



December : Made lots of jewelry, dog tags, and festive confectionery delights!




So here's to 2011!  It was a hell of a year! 

2012 : BRING.IT.ON.


1 comment: